The Government of District of Columbia manages the sale of its surplus assets through online auction sales on www.dcgovt.govdeals.com. The program is managed by the DC Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP), Surplus Property Division, and brings the District a streamlined process that creates a valuable revenue stream and meets the District's criteria for transparent tracking and real-time reporting on transactions involving surplus property. Online auction items include items such as:
- Passenger cars and trucks;
- Police, Fire and EMS vehicles;
- Computers and electronic equipment;
- Communication and production equipment;
- Office furniture and supplies; and
- Evidentiary items including jewelry, cars and other personal property.
The cash flow from the sale of the District's surplus assets will be deposited directly back into the treasury and re-allocated to departments and programs within the government. The additional revenue will enable the District to more effectively address and meet the expectations of taxpayers. View the OCP Surplus Property Division's Sales Report.
For auction rules, start time, and location, see the instructions on the GovDeals website. For more information contact [email protected] or call (202) 541-6017.
Current DC employees or members of their households are not permitted to bid on DC Government surplus property.
If you are a Accountable Property Officer (APO) at a DC Government department or agency, please use the Property Disposal Action (PDA) Form to identify and report the personal property owned by or in the custody of their Department/Agency (which has been determined to be excess to its needs/requirements) to the SPD and to request a disposition determination from the SPD. To view and download the Property Disposal Action (PDA) Form, click here.
Participating agencies include:
- DC Office of Contracting and Procurement / Surplus Property Division
- DC Department of Corrections
- DC Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency
- DC Lottery and Charitable Games Control Board
- DC Department of Human Services
- DC Department of Parks and Recreation
- DC Department of Public Works, Parking Services Administration
- DC Department of Public Works, Fleet Services
- DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department
- DC Metropolitan Police Department
- DC Metropolitan Police Department, Evidence Control Branch
- DC Office of the Chief Technology Officer
- DC Office of Tax and Revenue
Disclaimer: All property offered for auction sale is offered "As Is," "Where Is," with no returns and without recourse against the Government of the District of Columbia. No guarantee, warranty or other representation is either expressed or implied as to the working condition of said property; and no claims will be considered for damages or missing parts not reported in the sales listing.