The DC Office of Contracting and Procurement (OCP) and the District agencies it supports have adopted procedural requirements to ensure environmentally preferable products and services are procured to the maximum extent practical.
The Sustainable Purchasing User Guide provides District personnel with detailed guidance on these procedural requirements as well as guidance on how to use available resources.
Click here for complete implementation guidance.
Topics covered in the Sustainable Purchasing User Guide include:
- Sustainable purchasing laws and policy
- List of products and services for which sustainable guidance is available
- Designating EPPS in the Acquisition Planning Tool
- Using the EPPS Indicator in PASS
- Purpose and use of Sustainable Specification Solicitation Documents
- Integrating sustainable considerations into the procurement process
- Ongoing support services provided by the Sustainable Purchasing Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
Sustainable Purchasing Course Work
The Sustainable Purchasing Team offers trainings on Sustainable Purchasing upon request. For a copy of, “Understanding Sustainable Purchasing” training please click here. If you would like to sign up for a training, please contact Jonathan Rifkin at [email protected]