FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is DC Buys?
DC Buys is a unique opportunity for the local and regional vendor community to market their goods and services directly to the program managers and procurement personnel who ultimately make purchasing decisions on behalf of District agencies. Invited agency representatives will staff tables where information about their specific needs and upcoming solicitations will be made available to vendors. We will also host concurrent sessions to share with vendors how to do business with agencies under OCP’s authority, independent agencies, and additional programs and initiatives that are useful to the vendor community.
Why should I attend?
DC Buys: Reverse Trade Fair is a prime opportunity to maximize your marketing effort. For companies interested in doing business with the District, this is a fantastic opportunity to find out about upcoming contracting opportunities. No appointments, no driving to various locations, just representatives from District agencies, in a single room waiting to meet you!
How do I register?
Registration for this event is closed.
Who should attend the Reverse Trade Fair?
Any professional seeking to do business with the District of Columbia.
Which agencies will be represented at DC Buys?
Confirmed agencies include:
• Office of Contracting and Procurement
• Department of Small and Local Business Development
• Office of the Chief Technology Officer
• District of Columbia Public Schools
• Department of Parks and Recreation
• Department of Human Services
• Department of Human Resources
• Office of the State Superintendent of Education
• Department of the Environment
• Department of Forensic Sciences
• Office on Aging
• Department of Transportation
• Department of Public Works
• Department of Employment Services
• Office of Community Affairs
• DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities
• Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
• Department of Insurance Securities and Banking
• Office of the Chief Financial Officer
• Public Services Commission
• Office of Human Rights
• Department of Health Care Finance
• Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning & Economic Development
• Department of General Services
• District of Columbia Water and Sewage
• Department of Behavioral Health
• Metropolitan Police Department
When and where is the event?
DC Buys 2017 will be held on Thursday, April 27, 2017 at the Kellogg Conference Center: Gallaudet University at 800 Florida Avenue NE, Washington, DC. Take the Red line metro to NoMa/ Gallaudet University Station. A complimentary shuttle runs between the Metro and Kellogg Center every hour beginning at 7 AM.
How can I make the most of DC Buys?
- Participate -- OCP has a whole slate of informational opportunities planned for attendees. Plan to participate in both the concurrent sessions and circulating with program and procurement staff in the Exhibit Hall.
- Be Prepared -- Have a clear, concise capability statement that includes business type, NIGP codes, and a description of your products and services.
- Travel light -- A coat/luggage check is NOT available. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a bottle of water. You’ll be doing a lot of networking!
- Bring lots of business cards!
How can I get more information?
For more information about DC Buys 2017, please contact the OCP Customer Contact Center at 202-724-4477 or [email protected]